The Greater Texas Education Foundation is proud to offer two teaching tools for the advancement of podiatric education.
The first, an instructional video solely illustrates the Lapidus Arthrodesis procedure for Hallux Valgus repair. The second, a DVD covers eighteen common rearfoot procedures. They range from an Evan’s Calcaneal Osteotomy and Tarsal Tunnel repair to a Transfibular Ankle Arthrodesis. These professionally-edited videos are all narrated by Dr. Sam Mendicino. Below is a full listing of all the procedures covered on the DVD.
Whether you utilize them for a refresher or you want to use them as a reference, these step-by-step procedure videos are an excellent addition to your library. For the novice, we recommend after you view the videos, that you enroll in a one-on-one wet lab offered in Houston to complete the entire educational experience. All proceeds for the videos and web labs go to the Greater Texas Education Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes post-graduate education and residency training.
Full Listing of All the Procedures Covered on the DVD.
Common Rearfoot Procedures – A Cadaveric Experience Procedure
- First Metatarsal Cuneiform Arthrodesis (The Lapidus)
- Tarsal Tunnel Repair
- Heel Spur Resection (Open Technique)
- Haglund’s Deformity
- Retrocalcaneal Exostectomy
- Transpositional Calcaneal Osteotomy
- Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy
- Isolated Subtalar Joint Arthrodesis
- Calcaneal Cuboid Distraction Arthrodesis
- Flexor Digitorum Longus Tendon Transfer
- Kidner Resection
- Os Trigonum Resection
- Isolated Talonavicular Joint Arthrodesis
- Triple Arthrodesis
- Open Achilles Tendon Lengthening
- Gastrocnemius Recession
- Brostrom – Lateral Collateral Ligament Repair
- Transfibular Ankle Arthrodesis